6.28.2011

Slug Guts- Howlin' Gang

Slug Guts- Howlin' Gang


Listening to this album, I can only assume that Brisbane is a pretty bleak place. The kind of city where mobs of hooligans slink down the street crossing to avoid hookers and drug dealers that they have beef with. The kind of town where the sun never really shows up, and you are always finding dirty syringes on your stoop. Slug Guts borrows from some common swampy influences, most notably The Cramps, Birthday Party, and Pussy Galore. This isn't a bad thing though. I never could get into The Cramps like some of my friends were capable of, but this album has all the things I would have liked about them if they could have broken with me. Take, "Chrome Crucifix" for instance. The vocals are laced with cocky yet still apathetic swagger, then the song breaks and there is a riff that could as easily be on the legendary "Only Theater of Pain". This is a "throwback" that I can get behind. I only call it a throwback because the wheel is still a circle.


Link after the jump...



2011- Sacred Bones Records
http://www.mediafire.com/?rlw77cj5lzmf5db

No comments:

Post a Comment