7.20.2011

Drunkdriver- Drunkdriver LP

Drunkdriver- Drunkdriver LP

I've been hesitant to share this album because of some strife that occurred regarding this bands breakup.  I do however think it was handled properly, and if you want to know more about it, you are on the internet, so do your own research.

A friend in Chicago told me that this band, Drunkdriver was playing at a loft near my house. I asked him what it sounded like and he just told me, "It's music your girlfriend would hate." Something along the lines of pure anger. From the slower opening chugs in the menacing and properly named first song "The Accident", the the chunky, hate-anthem that is "Quality of my life" this record literally sounds like frustration. With abrasion around every corner and in every valley, it is easy to say this record is not for anybody.  It's at times a two note hardcore band, twisting in circles like a convoluted adolescent. The drums drive this band to a point of pure anarchy and slob, then seconds later bring the songs right back into reality.

All this being said, I rarely meet people who DON'T like this band. They were and still are a breath of fresh air in hardcore, noise and punk. They were groundbreaking and prophetic. I can't even begin to mention the intensity, commitment, and lust of their live show, which people who saw should feel literally lucky to have been graced with seeing. They are palatable, and I'll bet your girlfriend will actually like it. Featuring members of Wives and Pygmy Shrews, this defunct Brooklyn band might have just broken up at the perfect time, albeit under unfortunate circumstances. Download this album, now.


Link after the jump...


Drunkdriver LP, 2010
http://www.mediafire.com/?195u1w8bc8vf1gc

BONUS:
Full Drunkdriver set from WFMU fest. 
http://www.mediafire.com/?195u1w8bc8vf1gc

No comments:

Post a Comment